Healthy eating is about finding foods you love
In order to achieve, and more importantly maintain results, you have to be consistent. However, it’s hard to be consistent with healthy meals and workouts if you hate the food you are eating and don’t enjoy the workouts. Eventually “forcing” yourself to do something that isn’t pleasurable gets old, and it becomes easy to throw in the towel and go back to your old habits.
If you want to make lasting changes to your diet you need to :
- Find healthy food that you actually enjoy
- Feel satisfied with the amount of food you are eating
- Make food that fits into your lifestyle
Too often we view a healthy lifestyle as a time to deprive ourselves of foods we love rather than finding meals that are both nutritionally balanced and delicious. Sticking to a healthy lifestyle long term is just a matter of finding a handful of recipes that you enjoy for each meal (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and creating a rotation. If you are filling your menu up with recipes you actually want to eat, you are much more likely to stick to your healthy eating. Getting to this point is when you will truly hit your stride.
We want to help make nutrition simple
As busy moms we are all about convenience. Having quick leftovers to grab is a must. If you are taking the time to make a healthy and delicious dinner, it better be good for lunch leftovers the next day. Another smart habit to get into is to cook in batches. Making several portions of a meal and eating it for several days is another way to make your life easier when it comes to healthy eating.
This Curry Chicken Salad is a big win for us. It’s simple and quick to make, is packed with protein, full of nutritious vegetables and makes the best leftovers. Serve the salad on its own, or place on top of greens to get even more veggies in.
Try it out this week!
Deanna and Joy
Curry Chicken Salad RecipeCourse: Lunch, Dinner
- For the dressing
1 cup Greek yogurt
3 tbsp. green curry paste
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 lime juiced
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp paprika
1 TBSP honey
salt and pepper to taste
- For the salad
1 lb. cooked, shredded chicken breast
1 cup green peas defrosted
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
1 small red onion (diced)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Make the dressing by mixing the dressing ingredients in a small bowl, then set aside.
- Place all the salad ingredients in a large bowl, add the curry dressing, and mix until well combined.
- To serve, season with ground black pepper and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Sculptdaily.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although SculptDaily.com attempts to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
6 servings per container
- Amount Per ServingCalories313
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Protein 43g 86%
* The % Daily Value tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.